How can I apply to get help from RTH?

For individuals/families that are currently experiencing homelessness can call 211 or 1-800-543-7709. Another option is to text the word “Homeless” to 85511.

  • Have a pen and paper ready to write down information
  • This line is staffed Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 p.m.
  • Once connected with 211, verify that the Duluth 211 office is on the line.
  • Ask for a “Housing Pre-Screen”
  • Arrive at your scheduled appointment on time, and make sure it’s the correct location

During the scheduled appointment a case manager from a local agency will conduct an assessment which determines placement on the “Coordinated Entry list”. Each week staff from local social service agencies review the list and when openings are available housing applicants will be selected for placement.

How is RTH funded?

RTH is a non-profit 501(c) (3) agency. A majority of the agency’s funding from Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Other sources of funds come from the State of Minnesota, St. Louis County, as well as funding from the United Way of Northeastern Minnesota.

What is Coordinated Entry?

Coordinated Entry is a program in St. Louis County that maintains a list of people in our region who are in need of housing. Each week local agencies in Northern St. Louis County review the list and fill program openings.

What geographical area can RTH serve?

The geographical region served by RTH is Northern St. Louis County of Minnesota.. RTH currently has two locations: Virginia and Hibbing, MN.

How Can I Help?

For someone wanting to make a monetary donation please see the donate page for further details. Do you have furniture to donate? Please visit our furniture donation page to learn more.