Who We Help
RTH Helps Those Facing Homelessness
RTH does not discriminate against anyone based on race, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, color, disability, religion, or criminal history.
RTH works predominantly with homeless populations, of course, but the agency also helps those that are at risk of becoming homeless.
The geographical region we serve is in the Northern St. Louis County area and we conveniently have two office locations in Virginia, and Hibbing, Minnesota.
If you are currently homeless, or at risk, you must call 211 or text “Homeless” to 85511 to start the process.
in 2017, RTH helped 128 households, which totaled 255 people. Of these numbers, 58% were adults and 42% were children. Additionally:
- 62% were female heads of households
- 38% were male heads of households
- 64% had a criminal history
- 68% White
- 15% Native American
- 14% African American
- 3% other
- 72% person with mental illness
- 46% has substance use issues
- 11% fleeing domestic violence
- 3% had a physical disability
- 31%- first time homeless
- 25% not homeless
- 25% multiple episodes of homelessness
- 19% chronically homeless